Fri, Mar 06|
Department of General Services
Small Business Matchmaking Event
The California High-Speed Rail Authority and its resource partners are hosting a FREE Small Business Matchmaking Event.
Time & Location
Mar 06, 2020, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Department of General Services, 707 3rd St, West Sacramento, CA 95605, USA
About the event
The purpose of the Matchmaking event is to provide small businesses with an opportunity to have 5 minute one-on-one meetings with representatives from the three shortlisted teams for the High-Speed Rail Track & Systems $1.6 billion procurement.
Scheduling for the Matchmaking Appointments are first come first served and will take place at the Event Registration Table onsite.
TRACK & SYSTEMS
The Track and Systems procurement is proposed to be a design-build-maintain contract with a scope of work that includes design and construction of track work, railway systems, and electrification, as well as testing and commissioning. The Track and Systems contract, as proposed, will also include a 30-year term of maintenance for both the underlying civil works and the track and systems work. The Track and Systems work would be issued through multiple Notices to Proceed (NTP) for the Central Valley to Silicon Valley segment.
The Scope of Work includes: design, construction and a 30-year maintenance agreement:
- Modern Automatic Train Control (ATC) System - Incorporates functional requirements of Positive Train Control (PTC)
- Communication system
- Early earthquake detection
- Station platforms, canopies and vertical circulation (no buildings)
- Overhead Contact System (OCS)
- High-Voltage sub station and switching stations to support OCS
- Operational Control Center (OCC)
- Maintenance of Way Facilities
- 30-year maintenance responsibilities of constructed civil structures
- 30% Small Business participation goal
Visit the High-Speed Rail Authority's Track & Systems website for more information.
The day’s Agenda includes:
- 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM: Registration and Matchmaking Appointment Scheduling
- 8:30 AM – 8:45 AM: Opening Remarks
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Matchmaking Appointments (signups are first come first served)
- California Capital Procurement and Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Caltrans HQ Civil Rights Office
- Caltrans District 10
- Department of General Services (DGS)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
Organizer of Small Business Matchmaking Event
The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) is committed to small businesses playing a major role in building the statewide high-speed rail project. The Small Business Program has an aggressive 30 percent goal for small business participation including Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE), Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBE) and Micro-Businesses (MB).
When applicable, the program‘s 30 percent small business participation goal for contracts let by the HSRA includes:
- 10 percent DBE participation goal
- 3 percent DVBE participation goal
The Small Business Program requires the design-build and consultant teams to develop and implement a small business performance plan to achieve the 30 percent goal.
For more information, contact the Small Business Program at: firstname.lastname@example.org | (916) 431-2930